can i get some tip on how to control my anxiety?

Layann
Layann MarylandMember Posts: 21 🏞️ | Wanderer

During tests i get really bad anxiety and also presenting or talking in front of a class, how can i stop calm it down or not be as nervous.

Best Answers

• TSchaeferJr17
    TSchaeferJr17 Toledo OhioMember Posts: 55 👁️‍🗨️ | Seeker
    Accepted Answer
    • Prepare Well. Ensuring that you are well-prepared for a test can put your mind at ease and help get rid of the anxiety.
    • Watch Self-Talk. When performance suffers because of test anxiety, it can be easy to fall into a downward spiral
    • Visualize Success. Elite athletes visualize themselves succeeding in competition.

• Lux_The_Lemon_03
    Lux_The_Lemon_03 Member Posts: 16 🏞️ | Wanderer
    Accepted Answer

Breathe. It's really important to breathe in and out slowly. Take deep breaths and just calm down for a minute.

Don't think about how hard the test is or stuff like that. Just think about how you are going to nail the test and think about things that relax you/calm you/ make you happy. Maybe it's the smell of bread baking or the sound of raindrops on your window. Just focus on that thing.

Have water near. Stay hydrated!

When I get overwhelmed, this is how I calm down. Hope this helps you! ^^

Answers

• xoxorileyy
    xoxorileyy Member Posts: 110 💫 | Contributor
    • Exercise - for me it takes my mind off of things and it helps me mentally and physically.
    • Breathe - I like watching the videos on head space, you can find them on YouTube, they are really informative and give you a new point of view on things.
    • Drink a lot water
    • Sleep well
    • Do the 1 2 3 4 5 method - this is where you say or think 5 things you can see, 4 things you can feel, 3 things you can hear, 2 things you can smell, and 1 thing you can taste.
    • Also eat enough food - this makes you feel better physically.

Hope this helped, I do this for me and it will be different for everyone but I hoped this helped in any way, shape, or form (: