Do you believe money can or can't buy happiness?

TreeManTreeMan Palm Tree Land🌴Member, Tallo Ambassador 🔮 | Paragon

I believe money can't buy happiness. Happiness comes from within and there is nothing "man-made" or created that can provide that for someone.

Best Answers

• JaziahJaziah Member 👁️‍🗨️ | Seeker
    Accepted Answer

For me I think it can and then I don’t think it can. So like for a kid they can buy a toy or something that makes them happy and money bought them happiness. But like when you get older trying to find love per say you can’t go and buy love and expect that to make you happy.

• dailydoseof_jdailydoseof_j chesapeake, va Member 👁️‍🗨️ | Seeker
    Accepted Answer

Hmmm. Great question! I think it can.. but simultaneously it can't! Here's why. Sure, material things can make you happy for a while, but then that euphoric bliss wears off and you're sad again. I think of it as a cycle or a never-ending rollercoaster ride. Like the old saying goes, "the very BEST things in life are free!" Like a sunset, or the lovely weather outside!

• SpongebobSpongebob Member 🗺️ | Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer

In my opinion i do not think money can buy happiness you can be making all the money in the world and still not be happy, you have other things to worry about besides money like work, school, family, etc.

• Preet_22Preet_22 Haslet, TexasMember, Tallo Ambassador 🔮 | Paragon
    Accepted Answer

@TreeMan

That's a really good question!! I don't think money can buy happiness because usually the rich people tend to stay stressed for their safety and the safety of their money. I believe that peace is very important in order to be happy :)

• Racook15Racook15 Springfield Oregon, USAMember 🗺️ | Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer

I do but then I don't because I believe that you could by things could make you happy but I don't because what happen once you get board of what you got and you want more and more and more that you run out of money.

• jakealjakeal Member 🏞️ | Wanderer
    Accepted Answer

I believe money can buy happiness to an extent.

• w_richiezw_richiez Member 👋 | Newcomer
    Accepted Answer

That's a complicated question which you have to explore with more depth. It all depends on the person's mentality and stability. If you come from a position of privilege where financial stability does not come between you and your happiness, money will certainly not bring you joy. However, if you come from an impoverished family the access to money will bring you joy because it equals more peace of mind and time to dedicate to your happiness. In this case money does not have to be treated as a source for luxury, but as a source for survival. You CAN be happy without money, but having access to it equals having access to freedom.

• BreannaStarBreannaStar Member 🗺️ | Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer

Money can't buy happiness, but money does provide an opportunity to be happy depending on what you're buying, for instance if you were buying a coffee for your girlfriend or boyfriend, you'd probably be happy about spending money for her.

• MonseC423MonseC423 United States📍Member, Tallo Ambassador 🔮 | Paragon
    Accepted Answer

CAN"T

• reamadsreamads USAMember, Tallo Ambassador 🔮 | Paragon
    Accepted Answer

It can't but money can buy you things that make you happy!

Answers

• TreeManTreeMan Palm Tree Land🌴Member, Tallo Ambassador 🔮 | Paragon

Hmmm... very wise thinking. I agree with that, in a way.

💲💲💲

LOL

• lilyemmalilyemma Member 💫 | Contributor

up till a certain point. You can't expect that money will buy you all of your happiness, but it can contribute to some of your happiness, Does that make sense?

• lilyemmalilyemma Member 💫 | Contributor

Its confusing in that that way. If you said you didn't understand, I don't think I could explain.

• Hi_03Hi_03 Member 🏞️ | Wanderer

I believe it buys things that can make you happy but happiness is an emotion and emotions change.

• MelMel Compton, CA Member 🗺️ | Pathfinder

@TreeMan I believe the contrary. Money CAN buy happiness. Everyone says you have to have your own happiness before bringing it to others, what is the most common way to cheer someone up? Gifts, little things like grabbing them a coffee on your way to see them or something else that may strike a smile. These things bring us happiness, all of which were bought. Literally there are people paying other people to be their friends and is this a true friendship? NO! but it makes the person happy having some sort of companionship and makes the "friend" happy that they get paid to do something that is just a given.

• Shiloh_livi_2025Shiloh_livi_2025 Member 👋 | Newcomer

😁

• BooksBooks Member 🏞️ | Wanderer

It can't buy happiness. Material things will eventually grow boring. If you are looking for happiness, go for a walk in nature there is always something to see there.

• ClemsonTigers12RT120ClemsonTigers12RT120 SCMember 💫 | Contributor

It can't buy you happiness.

@TreeMan

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] 👋 | Newcomer

Great question! I don't believe money can buy happiness! This is because yes you have money when you get it, which can make you happy! But once you run out you aren't happy again, further proving that money can't buy happiness.... because if it did- then you'd always be happy! Great question!

• MissDarkAngelMissDarkAngel New MexicoMember 💫 | Contributor

I will tell you one thing money cannot buy you happiness in your life. You must make your self happy in life, you cannot just say here I would like to buy happiness. No, you make happiness yourself, you choose to be happy.

• JustmariahJustmariah Member 👋 | Newcomer

For me it can, I noticed every time I'm broke I'm sad but when I have money my mood changes, and I'm happy.

• LayannLayann MarylandMember 🏞️ | Wanderer

in my opinion i think it can buy happiness for a little bit and they it'll slowly fade into reality

• cabcab Member 💫 | Contributor

Money can give us a thrill, but in the end, that thrill will fade. So no, money cannot buy true happiness.