STEM Season - Your Future in STEM is here! - March 1st - April 15th

STEM Season
STEM Season Member, Administrator, Talent Seeker, Mentor Posts: 4 admin
edited May 3 in STEM Season

If you are a student or starting your career and you are interested in a future in STEM then this is the place for you!

STEM is one of the most in demand industries for Tallo's 1.6M+ members and of our partner talent seekers (companies, colleges, nonprofits, and professional organizations).

We've brought together all the best STEM opportunities (scholarships, internships, jobs, etc) from our partners Boeing, Walmart, STEM Ecosystems, The Citadel, and so much more all into one place during STEM Season on the Tallo Community.

Here are all ways to get involved with STEM Season and advance your individual education and career goals!

ATTEND THE YOUR FUTURE IN STEM EVENT

Tallo is hosting a panel discussion with leaders in the STEM industry with representatives from Walmart, Stride, The Citadel, and Tech Elevator.

Make sure to save your spot and RSVP today!

Panel featuring:

• The Citadel - Jennifer Albert, Director of The STEM Center of Excellence
  • Stride - Les Ottolenghi, Chief Information Technology Officer
  • Tech Elevator - Elisabeth Bass Udyawar, KAP Engineer
  • Walmart - Erin Myers, Senior Talent Acquisition Manager @ WalmartLabs

SCHOLARSHIPS

$2,500 - STEM Season Scholarship 

As part of STEM Season we will award a scholarship to a STEM Season participant.

There are LOTS of ways to enter (ask questions for Ask Me Everythings, register for the event, etc.) and here is the best part… you can enter multiple times to increase your chances of winning! To find more information + all the ways to enter the STEM Season Scholarship click here

$2,500 - The Citadel STEM Education Scholarship

To be eligible for the $2,500 scholarship, you must take part in the The Citadel STEM Education Scholarship Challenge and pursue an education degree at The Citadel. The Citadel is partnering with the Tallo Community to host the Scholarship Challenge as part of STEM Season in March-April 2022 (apply here).

$1,000 ISU Healthcare Scholarship Challenge

Idaho State University Kasiska Division of Health Sciences is offering a $1,000 scholarship that is exclusively available to a student interested in the medical field! To be eligible for the $1,000 scholarship, you must take part in the ISU Scholarship Challenge. For more details and to apply click here.

Over $100K in STEM scholarships

We've searched the web so you don't have to. We tracked down incredible STEM scholarships and collected them all in one spot (here).

ASK ME EVERYTHINGS

We’ll be hosting a series of Ask Me Everythings (AME) with influencers and leaders in various STEM professions. Here is a schedule of the AMEs during STEM Season. Click out the links below to learn more about these professionals and submit your questions!

INFORMATIVE AND ENGAGING STEM ARTICLES

Every week during STEM Season we’ll be posting new content on the Community focused on top careers, trends, and themes in the STEM industry. These posts will help inform and inspire you on your journey towards your own education and career goals!

These articles will be posted on the Tallo Community and the links will be updated below: 

Comments

• GraceBrusky_Official
    GraceBrusky_Official SC, USAMember Posts: 1,520 🔮 | Paragon

Great, I RSVP! Thank you!

• VforVictory
    VforVictory Member, Tallo Ambassador Posts: 852 🗺️ | Pathfinder
  • Pyrux
    Pyrux MinnesotaMember, Tallo Ambassador, Group Leader Posts: 838 🗺️ | Pathfinder

Awesome! This is going to be really cool to see!

• VforVictory
    VforVictory Member, Tallo Ambassador Posts: 852 🗺️ | Pathfinder

I realize you are not asking for questions yet, but I just thought of one, so I thought I'd better write it down.

Could you explain more about being an intern, resident, and fellow (etc prn)?

Presently, I am a pharmacy intern at a community pharmacy and hospital pharmacy.

How would being a pharmacy resident/fellow be different than working as an intern?

I know it's not necessary for pharmacists to do these technically, but to stay in front of the curve, it is becoming more and more needed for pharmacists to do.

Thank you!!!

• C_King_17
    C_King_17 United States. Plano, TX. Member, Tallo Ambassador, Group Leader Posts: 1,113 🔮 | Paragon

Heyo!

Thanks for this, this is totally going to be Epic. Looking forward to it. I do have a question; How are ideas made in this field of work basically? Like, do you look to improve something or create something new. Basically, how is continual innovation inspired in this field?

Thanks again!

• Angelina_g_z
    Angelina_g_z Member Posts: 35 🏞️ | Wanderer

Thank you! I already RSVP'd and am totally looking forward to the articles!

• audrey_spicy_memes
    audrey_spicy_memes Member Posts: 1 👋 | Newcomer

I'm looking forward to many of these articles!😊

• GraceBrusky_Official
    GraceBrusky_Official SC, USAMember Posts: 1,520 🔮 | Paragon

Those articles sound great cant wait!

• Deimona
    Deimona Member Posts: 3 👋 | Newcomer

Looking forward to reading these articles.

• Rinara
    Rinara United States of AmericaMember Posts: 86 👁️‍🗨️ | Seeker

I really love this event as it helps me find more opportunities!!

• BubbleDucky
    BubbleDucky Member Posts: 17 🏞️ | Wanderer

Thank you for posting an outline of what to look forward to this STEM season!!! I am very much looking forward to March 17th.

• miranda_mocha
    miranda_mocha Member Posts: 7 👋 | Newcomer

Looking forward to the March 3rd STEM article lol. :)

• enireb
    enireb Member Posts: 25 🏞️ | Wanderer

I am looking forward to April 7!

• enireb
    enireb Member Posts: 25 🏞️ | Wanderer

Will anyone cover how to handle being a woman in a male-dominated field?

• Rinara
    Rinara United States of AmericaMember Posts: 86 👁️‍🗨️ | Seeker

This is amazing! These session look ver interesting and I’m looking forward to them! I really love aerospace engineering so I will definitely check out the article and I also love esports so I will attend that session!