Uncovering series - How to start a business

Seraiah_A21
Seraiah_A21 Member, Tallo Ambassador Posts: 554 🗺️ | Pathfinder
edited December 2021 in Business Management

Welcome to part 2 of this series where I'll be discussing tips, advice, and well-needed information about starting a business.

Before you go crazy like "How does she know anything about starting a business and what makes her qualified to help us with it?" I would tell you that while I may not be a professional in the field, I have started my own online business, and the fact that my business opened during covid and was up and running means that I know at least a bit about what I'm doing, so bear with me.

1. The first myth about starting a business is "It easy" It's not! so if someone tells you that, please don't fall for it. Starting a business requires more than just skills and the desire to start one, you need patience, integrity, and honesty, so don't go around telling people your the best and want the business to start booming overnight.
  2. The second myth I'm going to talk about and one I think is really important because I made the mistake of believing it when I first started out is "You have to do it all" Please please, please! Don't, you may be excited to start out but that doesn't mean you have to go overboard, if anything, you should start out small and work your way up. Don't rush success, be patient, and do it right.
  3. Another one you may have heard is "You have to know what you're doing" 👈️ now this one is interesting, there's some truth to it while a bit of myth when someone says you have to know what your doing, know that you don't have to be a professional, I didn't say skip over everything and just wing it, I mean take your time, know what you want to do and make sure you get the necessary certificates or courses you need.
  4. Humility, remember prideful people think they know it all while humble people continually learn. Before starting a business make sure you're ready, not ready to do whatever your business is but ready to spend time doing it, make sure your schedule is planned out and you have to work on your business with whatever else you have. Before actually opening your business publically make sure you have the right materials and products for your business, don't wait until you actually open, you'll get behind.
  5. Lastly, make sure you use your profits wisely, if you are not sure how to spend your profits try the 50 - 30 - 20 plan. Use 50% for your needs, products for you're business, materials, and such, 30% for your wants, treat yourself every once and a while, enjoy it, 20% savings, don't forget to save! Hope all this helps all you future business owners!

Comments