Ask Me Everything - Dr. Portela (@208skindoc) Board Certified Dermatologist - Instagram Live

Comments

• Amyah56
    Amyah56 Member Posts: 1 👋 | Newcomer
    edited October 2021

Hello Dr. Portela, After finishing an undergrad degree, what should I look for in a medical school to make sure it best fits me?

• hay_bee
    hay_bee Member Posts: 1 👋 | Newcomer

Dr. Portela, what is your favorite/ most memorable part of your career?

• ebrown4283
    ebrown4283 Member Posts: 1 👋 | Newcomer

What made you want to get into dermatology?

• lindseyd
    lindseyd Member Posts: 2 👋 | Newcomer

What helped you decide to choose dermatology as your profession?

• shannon123_
    shannon123_ Member Posts: 1 👋 | Newcomer

Hello Dr. Portela,

How did you know that skin was something you wanted to work with? Has it been something that has been a fasination, or did you not really intend to work with it? I know i have always love skin and all that comes with it, ut have never thought to become a dermatologist.

• bskye03
    bskye03 Member Posts: 1 👋 | Newcomer

Hi Dr Portela. I am currently a high school senior interested in following the path to becoming a PA after undergrad. I was wondering what made you choose dermatology and maybe why you would recommend that specialty over others? Also, why did you choose med school over PA school?

• Liv_S1
    Liv_S1 Member Posts: 1 👋 | Newcomer

Hi Dr. Portela! It's so interesting to hear you earned your bachelor's in zoology but then continued on to dermatology, what was the reason for earning your bachelors in zoology, and did it help you in any way towards what you do now!!?

• alexisgomez
    alexisgomez Member Posts: 1 👋 | Newcomer

Hi Dr. Portela, I am a current Health Science Student pursing my certifications and had a few questions for you. Thank you so much for your time!

• What was the biggest challenge you had to face when you went into dermatology
    • Is their anything that you dislike about your profession
    • Has there ever been a memorable day at work that has stayed with you?
    • How many hours a day do you have to work?
    • What is the best advice you can give to incoming dermatologists students
  • lindseyd
    lindseyd Member Posts: 2 👋 | Newcomer

Hi Dr. Portela. Throughout your career, are there any skin conditions you treated that you learned a lot from or are memorable?

• Madisen
    Madisen Member Posts: 16 🏞️ | Wanderer

Hello Dr. Portela, what is your favorite skin issue to treat?

0932549 Member Posts: 3 👋 | Newcomer

Hello Dr. Portela, I am Jose Pradas and I came from Venezuela, and I'm studying 11th grade of high school, in two years old, beginning the bachelor's degree in biology and hopefully then medicine school. What is the best things that need a student for medicine?

0932549 Member Posts: 3 👋 | Newcomer

If I'm studying medicine what could be the hardest class to take in your opinion?

• Kevinnsanchezz
    Kevinnsanchezz Member Posts: 13 🏞️ | Wanderer

Hi Dr. Portela, I’m currently a student in the HOSA program working towards my certifications to pursue my dream in the medical field. I was wondering if you’ll be able to answer some of my questions and concerns.

• What inspired you to take the route of a dermatologist?
    • How many years did it take you to get where you are today?
    • Did you ever feel like being a dermatologist wasn’t for you?
    • What university did you attend and what degrees did you obtain?
    • What is the best feedback you can give to students entering the medical field?

Thank you for your time!

• cass1998
    cass1998 Member Posts: 1 👋 | Newcomer

Hello, Dr.Portela I just wanted to let you know I admire your profession and your interest in skin cancer. 

I have some questions relating to patient care.

What techniques do you use to treat children and newborns?

And what is the most rare disease you have diagnosed/treated?

• jiannamae20
    jiannamae20 Member Posts: 1 👋 | Newcomer

Hi Dr. Portela! I am considering to become a dermatologist in the future. What schools and courses would you recommend taking to become a dermatologist?

This discussion has been closed.