Types of Physical Therapy Pt.2

C_King_17
C_King_17 United States. Plano, TX. Member Posts: 405 🗺️ | Pathfinder

I've seen some people on Tallo say that they're interested in the field of Physical Therapy. So, if you're one of those people, this is a good post to read; helping you narrow down which type of Physical Therapy you want to partake in. Personally, I'd like to become an Orthopedic Therapists, so that I can be able to help the veterans(really big fan of the army vets).

Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Therapy: The main focus of cardiovascular and pulmonary therapy is to help their patients develop better breathing techniques, and increase their aerobic capability. They treat people suffering from many medical conditions including: Asthma, Heart failure(and other cardiovascular problems), lung diseases, tissue disorders, and so on. These therapists take time to help people with careful moderation. Helping people in every age group, from infants to the elders.

Another type of Physical Therapy is, Vestibular Rehabilitation therapy: The main focus of this type of therapy is to help those suffering from dizziness, imbalance, gaze instability. Gaze instability is basically when people have difficulty recognizing things and people's appearance, making it seem as if the world is moving, bouncing continuously, even making it hard to walk and drive. They conduct many exercises in order for the betterment and stability of their patients. Enabling them to do things they were previously unable to do.

Another type is Neurological Therapy: Have you ever heard of the nervous system? Well, to put it short, the nervous system is a system that enables the body to take part in many activities. Activities such as movement, talking, thinking, breathing, and many more. It is the combination of the spine, brain, and nerves in your body that send out messages from the brain to the body. This process enables you to do what you do each and every day of your life. Neurological therapists focus on helping those who suffer from injuries and diseases in the nervous system. These injuries/diseases are usually from strokes, Parkinson's disease, neurological conditions, multiple sclerosis, and many more. Through exercises and training; specifically, designed to help those suffering from neurological problems, therapists help these people. If these problems aren't dealt with, it can lead to many other health problems in almost every part of the body. Neurological therapy helps restore movement, core stabilization, strength, range of motion, and many other things.

Whichever type of therapy you partake in, I advise you to continue your education, stay on top of your game, even study the topics necessary to become that certain type of therapist. I know many of you are looking at different career paths, look for advice. @reamads @D_Thomas19 @TreeMan @MonseC423 @Preet_22 Offer great advice, about organization, college, career paths, and much more information. Good luck guys!

Comments

• Sugarplum
    Sugarplum FloridaMember Posts: 263 💫 | Contributor

@C_King_17 Great post. This will definitely people figure out which type of physical therapy they want to do. Keep it up.👍️

• C_King_17

@Sugarplum Thanks, appreciate it.

• Sugarplum
    Sugarplum FloridaMember Posts: 263 💫 | Contributor

@C_King_17 No Problem. :)

• MonseC423
    MonseC423 United States📍Member, Tallo Ambassador Posts: 1,507 🦉 I Sage

Thank you @C_King_17 for the tag!

I would honestly come to you for advice on Physical Therapy! You seem to know so much about the topic. I used to go to physical therapy and I really liked the vibe of the place. I thought about becoming a therapist at one point! Thanks again for providing this information and hopefully the right person will find it.😌

• C_King_17

@MonseC423 You're welcome. Also, thanks, I appreciate it. Hopefully, someone who wants to become a Physical Therapist will check this out and holler for questions.

• D_Thomas19
    D_Thomas19 Plano, TexasMember, Tallo Ambassador Posts: 503 🗺️ | Pathfinder

Terrific Post my brother! I did not know you knew so much about Physical Therapy!

• Rach_d2022
    Rach_d2022 Member Posts: 2,566 🔮 | Paragon

Nice work keep it up @C_King_17. I am wanting to pursue a career in Physical therapy so I like reading things like this. Hope to see more of them : )

• C_King_17

@Rach_d2022 Thank you, appreciate it. Also, that's cool. Whichever one you decide to pursue, best of luck. I'm interested in working with the army vets, want to help them as they helped us out.