Community Chat: 10 Questions to Ask on a College Tour

Tallo Wordsmith
Tallo Wordsmith Member, Administrator, Moderator, Tallo Staff Posts: 107 admin

Originally posted on Tallo.com: https://tallo.com/blog/questions-to-ask-on-a-college-tour/

Spring is drawing near, and we all know what that means, right? Jean jackets! Frozen drinks! OTT prom proposals! But most importantly (if you’re applying to college, anyway), springtime means gearing up for college campus tours.

As you’re probably aware, many schools are having virtual college tours in lieu of in-person tours this year due to the coronavirus pandemic. Sure, it’s kind of a bummer to not get to see the school in person, but look on the bright side: You can now tour a bunch of schools without worrying about the cost of travel and additional expenses. And you get to do it all from the comfort of your own home!

Whether you’re going on an in-person college tour or participating in a virtual college fair, asking the right questions is key to getting all the juicy details about the school. Not sure what to ask your tour guide? Below, here are 10 questions to ask on a college tour that will help you get the most out of your visit. (Read more)

Are you going on a college tour or have advice from a college touring experience of your own? Share with us!

Comments

• Rach_d2022
    Rach_d2022 Member, Tallo Ambassador Posts: 2,879 🦉 I Sage

Thanks for this post/articlet!

This is going to help so much when I am doing virtual college tours. I will definitely be bookmarking this.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit Member Posts: 21 🏞️ | Wanderer

If you're doing a self guided tour is there another way to get these questions answered?

• Sammia
    Sammia Member Posts: 1 👋 | Newcomer

Can't wait until I'm a senior and could go on college tours!

• LivinginLA
    LivinginLA Member Posts: 8 👋 | Newcomer

I am just commenting to upload a profile picture

• LivinginLA

• LivinginLA

• LivinginLA

• LivinginLA

• LivinginLA

• LivinginLA

• LivinginLA

• Rach_d2022
    Rach_d2022 Member, Tallo Ambassador Posts: 2,879 🦉 I Sage

What grade are you in? Sometimes they let you do them early.

• Heaven
    Heaven USAMember, Tallo Ambassador, Group Leader Posts: 2,583 🔮 | Paragon

This is amazing!! tallo never seems to fail me with answers and solutions .

• dcadi
    dcadi Member, Tallo Ambassador, Boeing Mentee, Group Leader Posts: 695 🗺️ | Pathfinder

@Tallo Wordsmith and Tallo Community, I know this was posted last year, but I have a few of my own that I am experiencing now that I wish was answered on a college tour. Maybe some of you received these answers or know the answers.

1. How do you incorporate and account for your online students in college as it relates to clubs, activities, labs, projects?
    2. What is your expected turn around time for a response to a question relating to; financial aide, class enrollment, academic advisement?
    3. Why do transient students who need a class from a different university, because this university does not offer it have to wait too register for classes as late as a first year enrollee, but no slots are saved?
    4. Why are some campuses open to the community to wonder freely and others are not?
    5. Why do most schools only have enough housing for freshman?
    6. When it comes to earning school swag, why are online students not taken into consideration?

Thank you in advance for anyone who can provide some answers.