How to ask for a Shadowing opportunity for EMTs, Paramedics, or Doctors?

SunnySunny Member 👋 | Newcomer

I know that things are difficult with C-19 is it unrealistic to ask for physical shadowing opportunities? Even for 1 day or 1 week at most? I would really like to get the feel of the rush of being an EMT.

Answers

• reamadsreamads USAMember, Tallo Ambassador 🔮 | Paragon

My school has a program where students get to shadow at a local hospital. They are setting it up for this upcoming school year, but it may depend on your area and Covid restrictions. It doesn't hurt to ask, and you could be offered an opportunity post-COVID.

• SunnySunny Member 👋 | Newcomer

@reamads How did you become a Tallo Ambassador? How much of your Profile did you complete?

• reamadsreamads USAMember, Tallo Ambassador 🔮 | Paragon

I got asked to do it! It has nothing to do with my Tallo profile, but I got asked based of the content I make here on the community.

• MonseC423MonseC423 United States📍Member, Tallo Ambassador 🔮 | Paragon

Hi @Sunny!

My dad has talked about "ride alongs" for firefighters and EMTs. I'd recommend contacting an EMT, or a firefighter who might know an EMT. I am pretty sure* (don't quote me on this), that you have to be 18+ to ride along. If you are under 18, I'm pretty sure that there is paperwork for teens over 16. (A waiver - signed by your parents)

Anyways, I'll ask my dad to see what he thinks. I'll get back to you ~ let me know if you have any more questions!