How can I make a career out of being a YouTuber?

MyNicknameis7MyNicknameis7 Member 👋 | Newcomer

My channel name is Anything and Everything7. My most viewed video is How To Age Paper WITHOUT Coffee or Tea. It has 119 views if I could get away with being a YouTuber and not have to do anymore school I would love to. But I am not sure how. If you are curious about my channel here is the link, https://youtube.com/channel/UCSm8_wGS4Ui08LsnAq8ZtJA

If you could give me ideas that would be awesome!

Best Answer

• MonseC423MonseC423 United States📍Member, Tallo Ambassador 🔮 | Paragon
    Accepted Answer

Hi @MyNicknameis7,

Welcome to the community!

I would not recommend creating a career solely on being a Youtuber.

Youtube is a very helpful platform and it is one of the easiest platforms for making money. I feel like I can speak for everyone when I say that we would all love to skip school to become YouTubers. Unfortunately, this is not reality. I would encourage you to continue growing your channel, as long as it does not interfere with your academics. Youtube will fade away eventually, like other platforms (MySpace - You might not know what that is, and that's okay. It's proving my point.) After it fades from use, you will have no major or business to make a living from. I would suggest that you continue to study in a major that interests you. This can be done while having a youtube channel, of course.

Hope this helps!

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] 👋 | Newcomer

Good Morning @MyNicknameis7!! I love your channel, and I just subbed!

I would recommend getting your channel out there more! I would go through platforms like blogger.com to make a blog about your journey, and even share it on social media platforms! I wouldn't recommend making it your main career, due to the industry being so big that a lot of people just get mixed in and not much views. I think you should continue your studies, while pursuing YouTube on the side! It will help with finances, and with a lot of your goals. You don' want to end up fading off with the rest of the YouTube world, and I think you should pick an interesting major.

As to the major, since you like art, and video making- why not do something with both! Maybe work for Disney and help make videos, and art!

I hope this helps! :)

• cathomas_22cathomas_22 SCMember 👋 | Newcomer

One thing that you will need to do in order to make a career out of YouTube is to stay consistent. This means to upload daily or weekly, and find one thing to make your videos about, such as make-up, or cooking, or anything else you like to do. I fully support your goal of becoming a youtuber, although you will need a good job like most famous influencers.

But, despite what some may say, Youtube is not going anywhere, anytime soon. If you are worried about something terrible happening to YouTube, you will always be able to use other platforms.

Good Luck on whatever you decide to do @MyNicknameis7

• gabrielle_sgabrielle_s Virginia⚡Member 💫 | Contributor

A huge thing would be marketing, get social medias. TikTok would probably be great for you!

• Rach_d2022Rach_d2022 Member 🔮 | Paragon

awesome I'm going to subscribe. I feel like youtube would be a great career but you should always have a backup plan because it might not go as planned and you want to still have a source of income.

• MelMel Compton, CA Member 🗺️ | Pathfinder

Okay I'm going to sub, watch and like as many videos as I can but like @MonseC423 said it isn't smart to solely make a career of Youtube as you never know when the craze will end. Many Youtubers have other ways of making money such as brands and companies of their own. I would honestly suggest getting a job that is flexible enough to allow you to create content but is still financially supporting you. Remember that it takes a while for Youtube to actually start pushing your content out and it takes a while for them to even find you eligible to put you on the payroll.

I plan to invest into to stocks and my teacher is showing us how. This might be something to look into if you truly want to go into being an influencer as many do so as it helps increase their financial stability and gives them a "cushion" in case anything happens.

• cabcab Member 💫 | Contributor

@MyNicknameis7 While YouTube can be a fun hobby (you could even make money if you get sponsors), very few people live solely on their YouTube income. It takes time to build up an audience and even more time to convince sponsors that your channel could generate enough revenue for them to consider advertising with you. But I would certainly encourage you to keep this up as a hobby! And who knows, this thing could certainly take off for you! Best wishes as you continue your career journey.

• CinnamonDust_CinnamonDust_ Member 🏞️ | Wanderer

Funny, how a 17 year old makes Minecraft videos and has 9 million subscribes. It's as if you're trying to make videos that you'll like to do or want to do. I kinda do YouTube doing animations, since I've got inspired by an animator on YouTube Who's animations are insane. I guess if you want to start Youtube because you were inspired or wanted to have fun you could do it. As long as your creative and express yourself you'll do fine :D

Do Youtube if your passion about it.

• angel3104angel3104 MissouriMember 🏞️ | Wanderer

@MyNicknameis7. While some people are very successful in the Youtube business, it isn't something you should solely base your career on. While this is an awesome way to make some extra money and a great way to express yourself, it isn't a stable career.

Side note: Having another job besides Youtube will also help the economy and make it to where you could retire comfortably with social security. But it is an amazing way to express yourself! Keep growing your channel!

• Rach_d2022Rach_d2022 Member 🔮 | Paragon