Experience EMC - Financial Internship Program
EMC’s internship program, Experience EMC, is a pretty big deal for—actually, Scott Jean, our President and CEO, started as an intern in 1991 (so we mean it when we say it’s a big deal)! The Experience EMC program gives interns the opportunity to learn about the insurance industry and also helps our interns grow their professional skills in a totally safe and supportive environment.
Highlights Experience EMC include:
- Real work experience with meaningful projects that directly contribute to interns’ department goals (no running to get coffee for our interns!)
- Competitive pay and perks such as paid time off, free parking, and volunteer and social activities
- Mentor program where EMC team members help interns with their job responsibilities and offer guidance as they consider future careers
- Networking lunch with EMC’s President and CEO, followed by a presentation to learn more about EMC’s leadership
- Professional development curriculum, which includes a workshop series to help interns build their brand, presentation skills development and leadership training
- And so much more!
EMC is committed to an inclusive workplace culture that allows all team members, interns included, to bring their most authentic selves to work. In 2020, EMC hired 30 impressive interns from all across the country. Then the pandemic hit, but Experience EMC leaders were committed to offering a full internship experience, and quickly transitioned the program entirely virtual, giving interns the technology and resources needed to find success in their roles. And many interns, including eight from last year’s cohort, return for a second internship session or have been hired full-time at EMC—see, we told you it’s a big deal.
Check out the Experience EMC Internship Program to learn more!