What is the important thing for you when looking at Colleges?

D_Thomas19D_Thomas19 Plano, TexasMember, Tallo Ambassador 🗺️ | Pathfinder

For myself, the location is not the issue(although I don't want to go near the West Coast). My main concern is:

Graduate Rates: If it is low, then I know that either they let everyone go to their colleges, or the classes are not great.

The Acceptance Rate: I know the college will be terrific if the acceptance rate is extremely low.

The Program: I plan to go to a college that is Engineering/Tech-based. The professors, students, and I will be extremely focused and I know that I will receive the exact knowledge and training I need to succeed in a certain field.

What does the College represent: Do they believe a certain belief I don't? Or do they allow/support things I don't agree with? It's important because I will learn from these professors for years, and I need to be comfortable and receive only things I consider to be true.

Best Answers

• Dream_CatcherDream_Catcher Paris, TexasMember 💫 | Contributor
    Accepted Answer

I would look for distance away from home or good dome rooms and the the best classes to take and reviews on the college.

Sorry if I didn't spell something right.

• MonseC423MonseC423 United States📍Member, Tallo Ambassador 🔮 | Paragon
    Accepted Answer

For me it would probably be:

• Statistics - How many people graduate from my major and find a good job
    • Diversity - Would be nice😁
  • D_Thomas19D_Thomas19 Plano, TexasMember, Tallo Ambassador 🗺️ | Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer

Agreed with both. Dorm Rooms are extremely important, the price of it as well. And If you want to be the best, you have the have the best class/professor

Accepted Answer

Yes. I agree. Dang I had a really bad blond moment while typing dorm lol.

Accepted Answer

Agreed. Tbh the most important to me is Statistics. How do you mean Diversity? Like religion or race or ethnicity?

Accepted Answer
  • MonseC423MonseC423 United States📍Member, Tallo Ambassador 🔮 | Paragon
    Accepted Answer

Diversity in every aspect- if that makes sense. I like learning from different kinds of people. I don't know how much I would enjoy an experience where everyone is really similar to each other and different than me. Yk?

Accepted Answer
    Accepted Answer

That makes sense. It's important to know the different types of people in this world, and associate with them. Because that in turn, just makes you a better person.

Accepted Answer

I agree. I have all different kinds of people but not enough of different kinds.

• EbbyEbby Member 💫 | Contributor
    Accepted Answer

For me its location and flexiblity.

• Ashley_23Ashley_23 Member 👋 | Newcomer
    Accepted Answer

Not the most important factor, but if you're planning to live on campus, make sure you check out the food! Some dining halls are amazing, others will give you food poisoning. Also talk to other students about it or read reviews online.

Also, don't forget acceptance rate doesn't always equal quality! The college I decided to go to has quite a high acceptance rate, but the classes are all challenging, and we have a very high admittance rate into grad schools as well :)

• Shamar_D99Shamar_D99 South Carolina, USAMember 👁️‍🗨️ | Seeker
    Accepted Answer

Class size, and graduation rate of the program.

• gabrielle_sgabrielle_s Virginia⚡Member 💫 | Contributor
    Accepted Answer

I want a school that is on the East Coast, has a good English program, acceptance rate is decent and the graduation rate needs to be high as well!

• angel3104angel3104 MissouriMember 🏞️ | Wanderer
    Accepted Answer

@D_Thomas19, the most important things I look for are the tuition, location, values, and the program. I'm hoping to go to school for aerospace/aeronautical engineering. I don't want to go to a school that doesn't match my values and, besides a few locations, I don't really want to be too far from home.

• drea1115drea1115 Fabens , TexasMember 🏞️ | Wanderer
    Accepted Answer

well for me i have my eye on one college for the longest time but if i dont get accepted i still can do what i wanna its just an either / or situation but i would like to go to that school and i hope i do , well see

• wweidlerwweidler Member 👋 | Newcomer
    Accepted Answer

I looked for a place that was close enough to home I could drive back whenever I needed to, but also far enough away that it could really feel like a new experience!

I also felt that the graduation rates and out-of-college job rates were something very important.

Answers