👔What are ways you are preparing for your career interest?👔

Preet_22Preet_22 Haslet, TexasMember, Tallo Ambassador 🔮 | Paragon
edited April 5 in Higher Education

There are many ways to prepare for your "dream job", what are some things you like to do?

For me personally, I take IB classes, do research, and take certification tests related to my field.

Best Answers

• amayayaamayaya Member 👁️‍🗨️ | Seeker
    Accepted Answer

For me, I'm currently taking an AP class that relate to what I want to get a career in. I've also been able to take to some people who are currently in that field along with those who are currently in college to know about the major and college itself.

• MonseC423MonseC423 United States📍Member, Tallo Ambassador 🔮 | Paragon
    Accepted Answer

I'm taking classes related to the medical field, looking for volunteer opportunities and I might join HOSA for Junior year!

• wandering_soulwandering_soul INDIA💫Member 🗺️ | Pathfinder
    edited April 5 Accepted Answer

In my country you can directly apply to medical school after 12th grade and for that you have to sit for an exam so preparing for that .

• amayayaamayaya Member 👁️‍🗨️ | Seeker
    Accepted Answer

@Preet_22

I'm lucky to have directors who I can easily access when it comes to asking about what their job like. When I was applying for college I started to chat a bit with the head director and she was able to introduce me to some of the current students. Really all you need is to find one person who can introduce you to others, a great place to start is to ask a teacher who teaches a subject closest to what you want to do.

• SoUrLiFeSoUrLiFe Member 🗺️ | Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer

Taking classes relating to my choice of career along with doing some research on it. Trying to collect knowledge on it to be more prepared and have a better sense of it all.

• reamadsreamads USAMember, Tallo Ambassador 🔮 | Paragon
    Accepted Answer

Well, I reached out to someone from my local NWS office. I also have been researching meteorology colleges and affordability. Affordability may seem irrelevant, but many meteorology jobs look for graduate-level degrees, so it is important to me to find five-year programs (a lot of undergrad scholarships carry over) or find programs that will save/possibly pay me to go to their university to make obtaining that degree possible (without going into debt.)

• Rach_d2022Rach_d2022 Member 🔮 | Paragon
    Accepted Answer

dual credit, getting good grades, certifications what about you? @Preet_22

• KateKate Charleston, SCAdministrator, Moderator, Tallo Staff admin
    Accepted Answer

Career prep is such a great topic! Networking is so helpful and personally I've found it to be a great view into something you think you might want to do before you dive in! Building those relationships throughout your education and career paths will also ensure that you have resources to leverage any time you might find yourself seeking something new or trying to advance in your chosen career. Thank you so much for sharing!

• ClemsonTigers12RT120ClemsonTigers12RT120 SCMember 💫 | Contributor
    Accepted Answer

Right now for me, I'm taking the last class I need to graduate and become a veterinarian

• Joseph_personJoseph_person Member 🏞️ | Wanderer
    Accepted Answer

Im going to try and be a dentist or i may take it a step further and be an orthodontist

• creative_Artist_34creative_Artist_34 Member 💫 | Contributor
    Accepted Answer

i want to be a baker or an author, so im trying to go to school for baking and im learning how to write poems, essays, stories and stuff.

• cotton_candycotton_candy Minnesota, USAMember 🔮 | Paragon
    Accepted Answer

I like to play my guitar, write poetry/lyrics, and work towards improving myself musically.

• gracecarolynngracecarolynn St. Cloud MNMember 🏞️ | Wanderer
    Accepted Answer

I am taking dual enrollment classes and took some CLEP/DSST tests. I also did a temporary internship last year that showed me what my desired career would entail :)

• Badgagnon502Badgagnon502 WAMember 💫 | Contributor
    Accepted Answer

doing some career research

looking into different colleges

applying to colleges

applying to scholarships

Answers