What has amazed you on a college tour?

reamadsreamads USAMember, Tallo Ambassador 🔮 | Paragon

I just remembered about the time I went on my National Junior Honor Society trip, I got to tour the University of Tennessee- Chattanooga! As we were touring, we were walking on the second story and we got to look down/at the pool and the slide attached! So if you've been on a college tour, what has amazed you? Or just something you thought was weird/cool/interesting on a tour!

Best Answers

• MonseC423MonseC423 United States📍Member, Tallo Ambassador 🔮 | Paragon
    Accepted Answer
    • uhhhhh
    • I've never been on a tour, but your experience sounds pretty cool!
    • Thanks for the tag😋

• Preet_22Preet_22 Haslet, TexasMember, Tallo Ambassador 🔮 | Paragon
    Accepted Answer

@reamads

First off.... I love college tours!! I've been to the University of Texas at Denton and Tarrant County College. Both were a great experience!! It's amazing to see the actual college "lifestyle". On my first trip, I was shocked!! It was nothing like I could have imagined. I enjoyed seeing the design of the campuses!

• kiwibearkiwibear Asheville, North CarolinaMember 🏞️ | Wanderer
    Accepted Answer

I went to like...6 college tours, but something about this one school called Mars Hill University really stuck with me. I went to it when I was in 7th grade, so it's been awhile and I can't remember everything, but while we were being told about the campus, they said the trail we were on led to a secret burial of the man, and I think his wife as well, that built the school. Everyone kept looking at the ground the whole time trying to find any off-trails that led to something and if I'm not mistaken, we did find it, but I can't remember.

Answers

• reamadsreamads USAMember, Tallo Ambassador 🔮 | Paragon

Yeah, it was! I really liked UTC so I am sad I can't go, but from virtual tours, I've seen some other amazing schools!

• reamadsreamads USAMember, Tallo Ambassador 🔮 | Paragon

Yes! I got to "tour" the University of Memphis as well, and the architecture is super amazing!

• MelMel Compton, CA Member 🗺️ | Pathfinder

I have visited several colleges in California:

• Cal State Fullerton
    • Cal State Northridge
    • Cal State Dominguez Hills
    • Cal State Monterey Bay
    • San Francisco State
    • San Jose State
    • University of San Francisco
    • UC Santa Cruz
    • UCLA
    • USC

honestly there are possibly more but what i look for when at these tours is the community. Is it tight knit or is it a loose flow kind of space. I like UC Santa Cruz because of the area it is located and how comfortable everyone is with each other. Friends or not they respect each others space and that is very important to me. My brother graduated from Dominguez Hills so I'm expected to go there but I'm still unsure. I have a lot of plans and college/university doesn't really play a part in that plan. My brothers are trying to convince me to go regardless, "it may be debt but it's an experience that can't be matched"

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] 👋 | Newcomer

I haven't done a college tour, but I did go to visit that outside with my family. I live in Indiana, and I am going to attend Loyola University in Chicago. So it took a while for us to get there, and it was worth it! I loved how well it looked from the outside! It was huge, and left you with no breath! There was a big church in the heart of the campus, where everything was glowing! It was beautiful!

• D_Thomas19D_Thomas19 Plano, TexasMember, Tallo Ambassador 🗺️ | Pathfinder

@reamads I know you posted this 2 months ago, but I thought I'd still answer.

I remember when I got a tour of a College in Dallas. I walked in, and I don't know what I expected, but it looked just like a regular school + a mall meshed together. Students were walking like students do every day, minding their own business, but the set-up of the place reminded me of a Mall. When I walked outside, I could see the professionalism of the building and land, it made me wish that I was already at college.

• carolinemariecarolinemarie Member, Tallo Staff 🏞️ | Wanderer

The University of South Carolina has a GREAT college tour. It is the reason why I chose to go there. I loved how they took you into so many classroom buildings and told us about the school's history. My favorite part was the Historic Horseshoe. It is a grassy place where a lot of students sit to study or just hang out with their friends.

Sometimes it can be harder to go to tours in-person, but luckily a lot of virtual tours are on college websites. I think it is really important to get the campus vibe before committing to a school. Is it in a small town all together or in a big city really spread out? Everyone wants something different!!

• VforVictoryVforVictory Member 💫 | Contributor

I mentioned that I enjoyed theatre, so after the tour was over, my STLCOP tour guide opened the Whelpley Hall to show me the stage. I was very excited! :D

The student center had just been torn down and a new building was being built, and the Hall was closed to the public because it would be soon torn down for a new building as well. It wasn't locked, but there was fencing around the building.

They built a new stage, and I have performed multiple times on it during my time at STLCOP.

I toured at another pharmacy school and they provided everyone with their own mortar and pestle, so that was fun. I still have them. :D